Facial Cosmetics including Medical applications
Botulinum Toxin has several medical applications, some in unexpected ways. A few are offered at the practice and these include:
- Hyperhydrosis – reduction of excessive sweating usually the armpits or on the face.
- Masseter clenching – the main chewing muscle can become overdeveloped by clenching can lead to jaw problems and pain; tooth wear and breakage; and the appearance of a wider jaw line.
Hyaluronic acid (Restylane™) a substance found naturally in the body stimulates collagen formation and plumps out the skin. It is resorbable by the body and so is the safest type of filler, the effects lasting up to a year. With repeated applications stimulating natural collagen formation, the effects can be longer lasting:
- Lip sculpting – making lips look fuller and better shaped
- Marionette lines – the deeper creases between the cheek and angle of the mouth to the corners of the nose
The skin creases and forms wrinkles as we age and so this is associated with older people. There are several solutions to maintaining a more youthful appearance apart from a better lifestyle of avoiding sunshine and drinking plenty of water.
The sooner care or treatment starts the more effective it is at maintaining youthful skin, as helping the muscles relax and stimulating natural collagen in the skin helps keep it more elastic.
The Treatments we offer:
- Anti-wrinkle injections – relaxing facial muscles
- Dermal fillers – giving the skin more volume in desired areas
A muscle relaxant, Botulinum toxin is a purified protein, which can injected into the muscle. This allows the muscle to temporarily relax, softening facial expressions and reducing wrinkles or skin creases.
What areas can be treated?
- The forehead and frown lines
- The eyes and crows feet lines
- Brow lift to raise the eyebrows
- Gum smiles to lower the lip line
Why choose us?
As dental professionals we have several years of training focused on the head and neck, so are very familiar with the facial muscles and anatomy. Then with intensive additional training at the Professor Bob Khanna Institute (president of the International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics) our clinicians are confident of reliable results.